Monday, March 12, 2012

Rollng, rolling, rolling- rawhide!

I have it in my mind that one of the most wonderful moves in dance is the undulation, especially reverse undulations or rolling up.  I am convinced that I absolutely cannot dance unless I can do that move. I am generally outgoing, except when it comes to dancing because even when I dance like no one is looking I am self conscious. So, I have watched about a zillion youtubes and several of my belly dance DVDs. I have the reverse beginning to almost look like a recognizable move. So, practice, practice, practice and finally got a mirror yesterday ( I had to leave my old mirrors in my last place) and I have the ' Sit, tuck, upper abs" parts, but the chest? I just don't get it. I am not sure if I am supposed to use my upper back muscles, or my shoulders?  Anasma's description and demonstration is the best that I have seen, but still missing that last little piece.
My weakest link is anything to do with my chest. I watched Zoe forever tonight and tried to keep up with the chest pops, locks, lifts, slides etc, but she always loses me in a few minutes.  I have only had one private lesson with the instructor of my new beginner belly dancing class, but I do remember how much she balances between hips and chest ( and of course arms, hands and shoulders).
I do know that I become easily frustrated when learning some moves. When I am watching/playing DVDs if it gets too hard, I just stop it and do something else. I can't do that in class, which is good. I won't be able to stop the workshops in Portland, so I have to find a way to work through the hard parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment